GCam for the Poco X3 GT
Powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1100, the Poco X3 GT is a mid range device released by Xiaomi in 2021. It features 3 cameras in the back (main, wide, macro) with the main one using a 64MP sensor.
Working features include portrait mode, night sight, astrophotography, timelapse, HDR, etc. Here we’ll list some stable versions for this device.
GCam for the Poco X3 GT:
- Don’t know which version to use? Just use the first apk listed below.
- To avoid issues when viewing pictures from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (no need to login).
- If you have never installed GCam and need help, watch this video.
Google Camera 8.x (Stable, Android 10+) »
Based on Google Camera 8, which introduced a new design.
8.1 by BSG:
More than one apk (package name) is available. Simply install the first one. The others may be useful if you want to have more than one GCam installed side by side.
8.2 by Greatness:
Any apk should work.
- While you’re able to record normal videos and slow motion, the quality might be better on the stock camera app (especially video stabilisation).
- The 64MP is restricted to 16MP on all 3rd party camera apps as Xiaomi doesn’t let apps to use the full resolution. (The MIUI camera uses 16MP by default, so you won’t lose much here).
- Mediatek devices often don’t have good GCam support, so while GCam works on this device, keep in mind that support won’t be as good as other Snapdragon phones.
- It’s recommended to keep the Google Photos app installed (no need to login) as GCam uses it as the default gallery app and some features (eg: Motion Photos) only work with it.
- The chinese variant of the X3 GT is called “Redmi Note 10 Pro (China)”.