GCam for the Realme X2 Pro
Stable versions of the modded GCam app for the Realme X2 Pro, a phone powered by the Snapdragon 855+ SoC that features a 64MP main sensor, together with another 3 cameras (telephoto, ultrawide, depth). While this device is able to take good photos, the Google Camera port can help improve the overall quality with new features and improved processing.
- HDR+ Enhanced mode, for better dynamic range.
- Portrait mode, for nice selfies with blurred backgrounds.
- Night Sight, for pictures in low light.
- Astrophotography, for people that like to capture the stars.
There’s no need to root or unlock your device. You just have to download one of the apks listed below, open/install it and use it.
If you have never installed GCam and need help, please watch this video tutorial. It’s really easy!
Note: To avoid issues when viewing pictures from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (no need to login).
GCam 7 by Wichaya:
Based on Urnyx05’s GCam 7.3.
- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk (Wichaya, 2020-12-15, configs)
GCam 8 by BSG:
Versions from BSG also work on the X2 Pro:
- MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b (BSG, 2021-11-21, configs)
For versions with more than one apk/package name, simply install the first one.
While GCam improves pictures, video quality – especially stabilisation and slow motion – might be better on the stock camera.
Root/Magisk is not required.
Features like dual exposure controls only work on Pixel devices. This is due to GCam requiring special APIs that are not available on non-Google devices.
Some of the modders that support this phone and other Realme: Urnyx05, Arnova8G2, Wichaya, BSG.