A new update for this fix is available here.
About the fix:
- It modifies the front camera library to enable portrait, hdr+, raw, etc, and reduces the "dot pattern" issue.
- Credits go to defcomg/savitar, Arnova8G2, shadowstep, and everyone that worked on previous versions.
- Android versions: Android 9 (use v2.5 for Android 8).
- Requirements: TWRP recovery or Magisk.
- Limitations: The front camera resolution is reduced to 4MP (OnePlus bug).
- Suggestion: Perform a TWRP backup before applying the fix in case something goes wrong.
- All versions: v1, v2, v2.2, v2.3, v2.3u, v2.4, v2.5, v3, v4, v4.1, v4.2.
v3+ is for Android 9. Use v2.5 for Android 8 or Pie ROMs using old libs.
If upgrading from v3 or lower, remove the old fix before installing the new one.
OnePlus 5 & 5T:
Ps: the TWRP zip wont work if you change the file name.
(Optional) Pixel 2 colour profile:
After installing the fix (links above), you can also try the Pixel 2 colour profile:
- Download and install the module via the Magisk Manager.
- Download the zip and install it via TWRP.
- Repeat these steps every time you update your ROM.
How to remove the fix:
- Flash the zip file again and it should reverse all changes.
- If you used Magisk: remove the module on Magisk Manager and restart.
- If you used a TWRP zip: dirty flash your ROM.
- This version was posted by shadowstep here.
- Credits: Arnova8G2, defcomg/savitar, Ch3lly, txx1219, shadowstep, Urnyx05, MrAimenify, fjsferreira, and many others.