OnePlus 5/5T Front Camera Fix (V6.3)
About the fix:
- It modifies the front camera library to enable portrait, hdr+, raw, etc, and reduces the "dot pattern" issue.
- Credits go to defcomg/savitar, Arnova8G2, shadowstep, and everyone that worked on previous versions.
- Android versions: From Android 7 to 13.
- Requirements: Magisk.
- Limitations: The front camera resolution is reduced to 4MP.
- Suggestion: Perform a TWRP backup before applying the fix in case something goes wrong.
- All versions: v1, 2, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.41, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3.
OnePlus 5 & 5T:
- Magisk module: OnePlus5&5T-DotFix-v6.3.zip
- TWRP zip: OnePlus5&5T-DotFix-TWRP-v6.3.zip (see what you can do with the zip)
- Download and install the module via the Magisk Manager.
- Open Magisk Manager.
- Delete the module.
- Download the zip flash it via TWRP.
- Select the correct device using your volume keys.
- Repeat these steps every time you update your ROM.
There are two options:
- Dirty flash your ROM.
- Flash the zip again and select the option to remove the fix.
When flashing, use your volume keys to select what you want to do (install/remove) and which device you have (5/5T). If your volume keys don't work, selections can also be specified in the zip name (and you won't be asked to make selections after flashing the zip):
- If the zip name contains "install", "Install", or "INSTALL" - DotFix will be installed
- If the zip name contains "remove", "Remove", or "REMOVE" - DotFix will be installed
- If the zip name contains "cheeseburger", "Cheeseburger", or "CHEESEBURGER" - Device will be selected as OnePlus 5
- If the zip name contains "dumpling", "Dumpling", or "DUMPLING" - Device will be selected as OnePlus 5T
For example, if the zip is named "
xyz-install-cheeseburger.zip", the installer will automatically install DotFix for OnePlus 5. Similarly, if the zip is named "
xyz-remove-dumpling.zip", the installer will automatically restore the stock camera libraries for OnePlus 5T.
This was shared by shadowstep here and here:
- Added support for Android 12L and Android 13
- Updated the base template to MMT-Ex v2.0
- Removed auto detection of device since some ROMs that spoof a different device were not being detected correctly
- Added volume key selector for device selection as well (please make sure you select the right device or the camera may not work at all!)