About the fix:
- It modifies the front camera library to enable portrait mode, hdr+, raw, etc, and reduces the "dot pattern" issue.
- Work and research was done by people like defcomg/savitar, Arnova8G2, txx1219, and others.
- Android versions: Android 8 (use v3 or higher for Android 9).
- Requirements: TWRP recovery or a rooted phone.
- The front camera resolution is reduced to 4MP (OnePlus bug).
- Breaks the front unlock feature (use Tasker to avoid this issue).
- Suggestion: Perform a TWRP backup before applying the fix in case something goes wrong.
- All versions: v1, 2, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.41, 5.0, 5.1.
- Magisk module: magisk-Camera_lib_fix_dots+hdr+_4mp-op5-5t.zip.zip;
- TWRP: twrp-Camera_lib_fix_dots+hdr+_4mp-op5-5t.zip.zip;
- File manager: files-op5-5t-fix-v2.zip;
- Tasker script: XDA thread;
After installing the fix (links above), you can also try the Pixel 2 colour profile:
- Magisk module: magisk-pixel2-colour-profile-op5-5t.zip.zip;
- TWRP: twrp-pixel2-colour-profile-op5-5t.zip.zip;
- File manager: files-op5-5t-fix-v2-pixel-2.zip;
- Download and install the module via the Magisk Manager
- Download the zip and install it via TWRP
- Repeat these steps every time you update your ROM
Using a file manager (root):
- Download and unzip the .zip file
- Using a file manager (eg: MiXplorer), move:
How to remove the fix:
- If you used a TWRP zip/manually moved the files: dirty flash your ROM
- If you used Magisk: remove the module and restart
- Thanks to everyone that worked on this fix (defcomg/savitar, Arnova8G2, txx1219, etc).
- (For developers) defcomg explains how he modified the files: imx179, imx371.
- Update alerts: telegram, rss feed, pushbullet