On this page I provide mirrors for all hosts files variants compiled and shared by Steven Black on Github.
Warning: these lists might break some apps, services, websites, etc.
Steven provides two links, one hosted by Github and the other hosted by himself. Usually this would be enough, but there are two problems:
- Github links aren’t supported by apps like Hostsman or Adaway.
- The official alternative links work with Hostsman and Adaway, but don’t use HTTPS.
My aim is to fix that last point. I want my devices to download these lists over a secure connection.
How does it works?
Every 24 hours a cron runs on my server, downloads the latest hosts lists (even if there’s nothing new), and makes them available over the URLs below.
Links to all variants:
- Unified hosts = (adware + malware)
- Unified hosts + fakenews
- Unified hosts + gambling
- Unified hosts + porn
- Unified hosts + social
- Unified hosts + fakenews + gambling
- Unified hosts + fakenews + porn
- Unified hosts + fakenews + social
- Unified hosts + gambling + porn
- Unified hosts + gambling + social
- Unified hosts + porn + social
- Unified hosts + fakenews + gambling + porn
- Unified hosts + fakenews + gambling + social
- Unified hosts + fakenews + porn + social
- Unified hosts + gambling + porn + social
- Unified hosts + fakenews + gambling + porn + social
- WindowsSpyBlocker (Github):
- hpHosts ads (hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt)
- hosts-file_ad_servers20200308.txt (no longer updated, static file)
- malwaredomains (mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains)
- justdomains20201130.txt (no longer updated, static file)
Will these links work forever?
I’ll do my best to keep these links online and also to keep the cron running, but I cannot assure you that they’ll be online “forever” nor that it will always work. If the app you’re using supports Github links, I suggest you use the ones provided by the project.
Keep in mind that I do this for myself mainly. Use at your own risk and don’t blame me if something goes wrong.
If something’s wrong with the lists (e.g.: broken websites or apps), open an issue on the project’s Github page.
For issues related with my links (e.g.: not updating, links offline, etc), send me an email.